Saturday, August 28, 2010

Big Surprise!

Well, we arrived at our apartment Thursday evening and to our surprise, the internet worked! Seeing that we have internet now, I thought it would be appropriate to give an update. So much has happened in two days!

First thing to know: We found out where we had been placed. John is teaching at Myungjin Middle School and I (Katelyn) am teaching at the Elementary. Although our schools are not directly attached, they share the same school yard. Its awesome! John thinks he will do very well in the middle school. He teaches his first class on Monday and is very excited. I think the elementary will be good for me. From what I can tell, my Korean co-teachers are a little more traditional and like to use the text book, so I might have less prep time for class. It will also mean I might have a harder time keeping the student's attention.

Besides our school being close, we live in an awesome part of the city! Pretty much everything we need is within three or four blocks of our house. The best part is the Lotte Mart (like a giant multi-level walmart) within a few blocks. Pretty much anything we need we can get there. There is also a movie theater at the end of our block. Lots of restaurants are around and the high speed train station (not KTX, I think it is the slower one) is across the street from us. We couldn't have a better location.

And our apartment is awesome! I was really afraid because it was classified as a "single" apartment that it would be too small to live in. But God knew what he was doing all the time. Our apartment is beautiful and very spacious for the two of us. And the best part is that we get an extra 400,000 won a month! I will try to post a video tour and pictures of the view (which is amazing) later today.

Please keep praying for us! You all are constantly in ours!

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds so amazing! I am so happy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete