Today I am excited about going!
As I am sitting in the basement of John's parents house packing up our last suitcase and trying to find where to put everything in our carry on, I am feeling the old excitement that I use to feel when John and I would talk about moving to another country. The kind of feeling you get when you are at the top of a roller coaster (for those who like roller coasters), right before you start falling over that first big hill. You look over the edge and think "This is absolutely insane. I am going to ride this thing down that giant hill. What normal-thinking person would do this?" But at the same smiling from ear to ear knowing that this is going to be the best ride of your life. That's how I feel this morning.
Life in the past few weeks has been so relaxingly stressful. It has been wonderful to spend time with family and friends, and we are looking forward to spending the next few days visiting as well, but so much visiting leaves little time to reflect on what we are doing. Thank goodness we can ride on the secure knowledge that we have that this is definitely where God wants us to be :)
I know the first few weeks in Korea is going to be tremendously stressful. New house, new job, new friends, new language, new electrical, new currency, new geography, new transportation, and the list goes on. But I am so ready to learn all this new and take it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment