Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1 WEEK!!!

Only one week left to go till take off! Wow, everything has gotten done. God is so amazing. Our boxes fit (pretty much), they are under weight, we have our tickets, and we have a ride to the airport! Looking back even a month ago, John and I were still a little skeptical as to whether we were actually going, but God had everything in place before we got to that stage. Again... wow.

The time that we have been able to spend with our families has been wonderful. We have been able to do some special things with them and are thankful for the time they have given up to be with us. Knowing that we will not be able to spend physical time with our families has given us both perspective on the importance of family in our lives.

We have also been able to share a service with our childhood churches. It was very refreshing to see everyone and know that you are joining in our ministry with us. Please continue to write (through email), chat, and encourage us. WE NEED YOU!

Moving to another country/culture is not going to be easy. I can already foresee areas where culture shock is going to hit hard. I am thankful that John and I have a strong relationship and fairly good communication skills with each other, but I still know that culture, diet, jobs (my first "real" one), and jet lag are going to be barriers that we will have to move over. Thankfully we have been able to use our intermediate time to de-stress and keep communication lines open. Today we were able to go to Mackinac Island and spend time with each other.

As we enter our last week before we take off, please keep these specific needs in your prayers:

1. Things will go smoothly at the airport. ie. our boxes are the right size, not to heavy, we don't lose our luggage, we find the right plane, etc.

2. We get all of the last minute details completed.

3. God will continue to prepare our hearts for whatever we encounter. We need desperately to be sensitive to the culture!

4. We will continue to rely on God and not our own strength (or even each other's) as we enter this really stressful time.

5. I would like prayer specifically for the period of severe jet lag that I know I will have. I am not a happy camper when I am tired (I tend to just lay down and sleep no matter what is going on or I am really grumpy towards people) and I need patience and a servant attitude for the first few days especially.

6. The departing process in regards to emotions for both ourselves and our families.

These are suggestions that I can think of at this moment. I encourage you to please, please be sensitive to how God may lead you to pray! He knows better than I do what we need most!

Missing you all terribly!
~Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment