Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day After

A HUGE thank you to all who participated in, helped out, and supported the Koch's with Kelsey's celebration of life. It was awesome and I think Kelsey would be very honored to know that so many people are celebrating with her. It was a great way to say "so long for now". 


John and I did get to watch the whole service (thanks to Tracy and Tammy and the Tech ppl at UC) and were so thankful to be a part of it. It was also great to see all of my "long lost" friends afterward!  (sorry the sound was so bad!) Being able to watch and talk to people really helped me to feel closer to everyone in the States. It has been a really lonely journey this past week, and it eased my heart to be able to see and hear from people who have great memories of Kelsey. 


Although we were overjoyed to be able to attend, it kind of messed up our weekend : )   11am Indiana time is 1am Korea time. Needless to say, we didn't go to bed until about 5:30am Sunday morning Korea time. Hopefully this will mean that we can adjust ok to our school schedules without much difficulty. 


I also want to say THANK YOU to all of my friends and church family in Korea who have been so supportive of me. Your texts and hugs and encouraging words have been so great! Thank you for being there through the whole process. : )



A little over a week ago, I found out my best friend Kelsey moved away for a while. I'll see her again, and I hope you do too. I hope the absence of Kelsey here on earth inspires you. Kelsey was passionate about medicine, she was passionate about dancing, she was passionate about her family and friends, but they were not the passion that drove her. If I had to choose one thing to sum up Kelsey's life, it would be the words of one of her favorite DC Talk songs: 

"What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth"

This is what Kelsey lived day in and day out. This is what kept her focused. I hope you are inspired to be a Jesus Freak like Kelsey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment