I know I havn't posted in forever.
In all honesty, I havn't known what to write.
But today, I want to tell you how big and how awesome our God is.
Many of you know or have heard me speak of my best friend Kelsey. Kelsey was born with a very rare genetic disorder that causes her immune system not to work properly (ok bios, go ahead and critique me : ) ) In late October, Kelsey went into hte hospital (she is participating in a research study at NIH) for a stem cell transplant. I'll skip all of the details of the highs and lows. Right now, Kelsey has a brain infection that is causing her many problems. It is looking very dangerous for Kelsey right now.
Having this information, I've spend the last week in a highly unstable state. My best friend EVER is half way across the world, and I can do nothing. God, why!? I keep asking. And I am still asking because God has an awesome plan for Kelsey.
If anyone thinks I am just saying this to make me feel better, I give you the words of Paul, which Kelsey would also agree with. "With full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain." Kelsey has always know that she is here on God's time and that it would be much, MUCH better for her to be with Him than stay here and live in pain.
But this isn't the reason I want to tell you about. Our God is so awesome, because He has saved us from death. Kelsey may die physically, but so will I, and so will you. God has given us spiritual life and victory over sin. I was so encouraged this morning when the Holy Spirit put these words in my mind.
“Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.(1 Corinthians 15)
Whether Kelsey lives or dies, Christ has won! I cannot wait, I long for the day when she and I will dance together before the throne of God.
Amen! Thank you for sharing this in the midst of uncertainty.
ReplyDeleteKatie, I've been worrying for you and praying for you. Those verses are so true and so beautiful! What a good and glorious God we have. Throughout life we are looking into that marvelous light. "Death has lost it's sting...from the grave he's risen...victoriously!"
ReplyDeleteAre you familiar with the testimony of Dan Roleofs? He wrote a book called "A Place Called Surrender." The book details his battle with a very malignant cancer. Throughout it all, every up and down, he says, "I will put my hope in God, he has yet to disappoint me." I keep thinking of that now, whether in life or death, I will put my hope in God, he has yet to disappoint me!
Love ya Katie!
Amen! Preach on sister! What a great word :-)
ReplyDeleteKatelyn,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend. That kind of loss just cannot be put into words.
Love you and am praying for you!
"For me to live is Christ and to die is gain!"