Monday, March 8, 2010

Trust

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. -John 3:8

What a wonderful thing it is to not know what tomorrow will bring. What a beautiful picture of hope, what an open invitation to trust.

This past week, John and I have been confronted, and have been confronting ourselves, on our "plan." In two months I graduate... then what? Where will we go, what will we do, when will we do it, what if something goes wrong? Will our hopes and dreams ever be realized? We have come to this conclusion: It doesn't matter. God is God and we are his.

We do get caught up in the future plans and the "what ifs." We cry, we stress, we stay up at night, we plan, and re-plan, but at the end of it all, we trust. God has such a better plan for us than we could ever think of ourselves that I don't have to worry about the future.

Now I know there is someone reading this thinking "but you should always have a plan!" And at times I think you should.

But right now I think I'll be like the child, who lives in the moment and lets his daddy be a Daddy. I'll let my Daddy say "Its ok, I know where you are going. I'll get you there safely" like he so desperately wants to; like he so desperately can.

1 comment:

  1. oh how i wish i could understand the security of being able to leave everything in God's hands. but though i may not at this moment, i def. agree and appreciate simply being a child and letting God take care of things.

    ...Geoff...

    ReplyDelete