Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Hot Here

Wicked hot.

Ok, so maybe my phone only says it's 23 degrees C outside (73F) but it's almost 10 degrees hotter inside. We finally turned the air on for a few minutes last night because it got up over 30C (86F).

And it's hot in school.
I seriously could not stay awake yesterday because my office was this toasty little oven that felt so nice and warm that I just ...zzzzzzzzzz. (which is a totally ok thing to do btw)
It's so hot at my school though that I had to change my shoes.

Ok, remember that in Korea we wear special shoes only at school. Well, before I had a pair of Toms, but everyone keeps their shoes in nice little cabinets, and since it's way too hot for me to wear socks (not to mention the only socks I have are white athletic socks that look ridiculous with a skirt) my shoes started to stink.
Yesterday I finally got around to buying a 2,000W pair of flip flops. I ACTUALLY FOUND FLIPFLOPS!!! Guess where I found them..... in the shower shoes sections! It makes me laugh. My kids were definitely staring at my feet today and I'm pretty sure they were thinking "why is Kate Teacher wearing shower shoes in school."   I decided that I don't care thought. I. LOVE. FLIPFLOPS! I seriously think they are the best shoes ever (for me at least. I won't argue with you if you don't like them. That's ok).
Now my feet are nice and cool at school, my feet/shoes don't smell, and everyone is staring at my feet.

In all honesty, better my feet than my eyes.... "teacher, your eyes! They look like alien!




Oh, and I had a first grade student pull my pony tail so hard while I was in the lunch line I almost slapped him as a reflex. It seriously whipped my head backwards (I think he was going to try to swing on it like Rapunzel). I tried to get him to come over to me so I could give his hair a little tug back so he could remember not to do that again, but I think he got the picture by the look on my face and he stayed away from me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment