Yesterday I forgot to post about the washing machine. Hilarious story.
So, when we first got here no one showed us how to use the washing machine. It has tons of buttons (and sings you a little song when it's over) but I was to worried about what we were going to eat, and find toilet paper, and unpack at the beginning. So since August I have had a way that I normally wash clothes. A few weeks ago I had to go and buy new laundry soap to.
Well, on Wednesday, John's co-teacher, James, came over for dinner. We were having him read bills for us and I told him that he should show John how to use the washing machine (I was busy making dinner). In the middle of James explaining the washing machine to John I came over to to show James what I normally do. When I told him, he paused and then said "oh, that just rinses the clothes." I started laughing. No wonder I have to wash the clothes a couple of times to get them clean!
It gets better.
A little latter James is explaining where the laundry soap goes, the fabric softener, and the stain remover go. When I hear James say "fabric softener" (or at least the description of it) I ask him if he can tell me what kind of laundry soap I bought. All of our clothes smell really strong when they come out of the wash.
Sure enough! I had bought two giant containers of fabric softener thinking it was laundry soap! So not only had I been washing our clothes on the rinse cycle, I had been using fabric softener! Hahahaha! I had a really good laugh over that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment